This section contains 9 Topics (within 4 Modules) and provides comprehensive information on alcohol and drugs in the workplace.
Module 1: Drugs
This Module comprises 4 Topics on alcohol and drugs, their impact on workplaces, identifying and responding to alcohol and drug-related risk and strategies to support workers.
Module 2: Mental Health, Stress and Fatigue
This Module comprises 1 Topic on the relationship between mental health and alcohol and drug use. It addresses worker wellbeing, alcohol and drug use and mental health and options for getting help and support.
5. MENTAL HEALTH, STRESS & FATIGUE [21 slides and 3 videos. Duration 35 min]
Module 3: Communication Strategies
This Module comprises 1 Topic. It provides information on how to have open, honest and productive discussions between workers, supervisors and managers.
It includes simple do’s and don’ts and how to access help for workers experiencing problems
6. COMMUNICATION STRATEGIES [15 slides. Duration 20 min].
Module 4: Policies and Responses
This Module comprises 3 Topics to assist supervisors, managers and human resources personnel to identify and respond to workplace alcohol and drug risk; and develop workplace alcohol and drug policies and drug testing programs.
7. UNDERSTANDING WORKPLACE ALCOHOL & DRUG USE [18 slides and 3 videos. Duration 15 min].
8. ALCOHOL & DRUG POLICIES [20 slides. Duration 35 min].
9. ALCOHOL & DRUG TESTING [16 slides and 1 video. Duration 20 min].
© 2020 NCETA. All Rights Reserved
This work is copyright (Copyright Act 1968).
NCETA grants to SA Government agencies a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty free, fee free licence to use, copy, modify and adapt any of the materials produced from this project.