Alcohol - Online Learning
For more in-depth information about alcohol work through this Online Learning Topic.
It examines the impact of alcohol on workplaces including workers / occupations most likely to drink at risky levels, and how to identify and support workers experiencing problems.
It contains 24 slides and includes 5 short videos (approximately 2 minutes each). It takes approximately 20 minutes to complete.
The Topic also contains the following NCETA Worklife resources:
- Alcohol Fact Sheet: on patterns of use; at-risk industries; responding to alcohol-related risk; and incident management.
- Responsible Alcohol Service How-To-Guide: to assit workplaces develop Responsible Alcohol Service Guildlines when planning and conducting workplace functions and events.
- Alcohol Toolbox Talk: provides information about the short-term and long-term impacts of alcohol use on the workplace and services to help workers experiencing problems. Designed to encourage workers to discuss their alcohol use and what to do if they have concerns.
- Workplace Alcohol and Drug Policies Fact Sheet: provides information about the importance of effective policies and the 4 stages of policy development.
- Workplace Alcohol and Drug Testing How-To-Guide: provides advice on alcohol and drug testing and how to implement a workplace testing program.
- 10 Principles for Responding to Intoxicated Workers Poster: provides strategies for talking to an intoxicated worker.
- Getting Help – Organisational Supports Poster: provides advice on to how seek help for alcohol and drug use problems.