Mental Health, Stress and Fatigue - Online Learning
For more in-depth information about mental health, stress and fatigue work through this Online Learning Topic.
This Topic looks at the impact of mental health, stress and fatigue on the workplace and its relationship with alcohol and drugs. It addresses worker wellbeing and mental health, the workplace benefits of responding to people experiencing both mental health and alcohol and drug related issues and options for supporting workers.
It contains 21 slides and 3 short videos (approximately 5 minutes in total). It takes approximately 35 minutes to complete.
The Topic also contains the following NCETA WorkLife resources:
- Mental Health and Alcohol and Drug Use Fact Sheet: examines the complex relationship between mental health and alcohol and drug use and its impact on workplaces. It also examines workplace risks for stress, poor mental health, and alcohol and drug use.
- Alcohol and Drug Use and Mental Health Toolbox Talk: provides advice on how to talk about the relationship between mental health and alcohol and drug use and accessing help.
- Getting Help: Mental Health Services Poster: lists mental and suicide prevention services’ contact details.
- Getting Help: Alcohol and Drug Services Poster: provides brief information on and the contact details for South Australian and national alcohol and drug services.
- Workplace Stress and Alcohol and Drug Use Fact Sheet: provides information about contributors to stress in the workplace and the links between stress and alcohol and drug use.
- Fatigue at Work Toolbox Talk: defines fatigue and looks at the relationship between fatigue and alcohol drug use and workplace implications. Designed for managers, supervisors and team leaders to encourage workers to talk about fatigue and the types of available supports.
- Assessing Workplace Alcohol and Drug Risk How-To-Guide: provides advice and guidance to employers on how to assess workplace risk.
- Having Helpful Conversations How-To-Guide: provides information on effective communication approaches and strategies for overcoming communication barriers.