Methamphetamine - Online Learning
For more in-depth information about methamphetamine work through this Online Learning Topic.
It describes the different types of methamphetamine and their impact workplaces, workers and occupations most at risk of experiencing harms. Tips are provided on how to communicate with and support workers experiencing problems. It contains 30 slides and takes approximately 20 minutes to complete.
The Topic also contains the following NCETA WorkLife resources:
- Methamphetamine Fact Sheet: provides information about methamphetamine and its impact on workplaces, including industries at greatest risk of being impacted by workers using methamphetamine.
- Methamphetamine Toolbox Talk: provides information about the effects of methamphetamine on workers’ physical and mental health wellbeing and workplace health and safety. Designed to encourage workers to discuss their methamphetamine use and what to do if they have concerns.
- Assessing Workplace Alcohol and Drug Risk How-To-Guide: provides advice and guidance to employers on how to assess workplace risk.
- Having Helpful Conversations How-To-Guide: provides information on effective communication approaches and overcoming communication barriers.
- Critical Alcohol and Drug Situations How-To-Guide: provides information on how to communicate with someone who is intoxicated and / or aggressive.
- Alcohol and Drug Policies Topic: provides guidance on what a workplace alcohol and drug policy looks like and outlines the 4 stages of policy development.
- Workplace Alcohol and Drug Testing How-To-Guide: provides advice on alcohol and drug testing and how to implement a workplace testing program.
- 10 Principles For Responding to Intoxicated Workers Poster: provides strategies for talking to an intoxicated worker.