Pharmaceutical Drugs - Online Learning
For more in-depth information about pharmaceutical drugs work through this Online Learning Topic.
The Topic looks at pharmaceutical (i.e., prescribed and over-the-counter) drugs; how to determine if your workplace is at risk of pharmaceutical drug misuse; and what can be done to reduce risks and respond if a worker is experiencing problems.
It contains 14 slides and takes approximately 15 minutes to complete.
Click here to start
The Topic also contains the following NCETA WorkLife resources:
- Pharmaceuticals Fact Sheet: provides information about the risks and impact of pharmaceutical use on workplaces and options for responding appropriately.
- Pharmaceuticals Toolbox Topic: provides information about the short- and long-term effects of pharmaceuticals and the impact on workplaces. Designed for managers, supervisors and team leaders to encourage workers to discuss their pharmaceutical drug use and what to do if they are concerned.
- Assessing Workplace Alcohol and Drug Risk How-To-Guide: provides advice and guidance to employers on how to assess workplace risk.
- 10 Principles for Responding to Intoxicated Workers Poster: provides strategies for talking to an intoxicated worker.
- Critical Response Practices Poster: provides strategies for responding to and communicating with an intoxicated and / or aggressive worker.