Illicit Drugs - Online Learning
For more in-depth information about illicit drugs work through this Online Learning Topic.
It focuses on: Cannabis, Stimulants, Opioids, Gamma-hydroxybutyrate (GHB) and Ketamine and associated workplace risks and responses.
It contains 19 slides and takes approximately 30 minutes to complete.
The Topic also contains the following NCETA WorkLife resources:
- Illicit Drugs Fact Sheet: provides information about the impact of illicit drug use on workers and workplaces and what to do if you have concerns about its effect on health and workplace safety.
- Illicit drugs Toolbox Talk: provides information about the effects of illicit drug use on workplaces. Designed to encourage workers to discuss their illicit drug use and what to do if they have concerns.
- Methamphetamine Topic: explores the different types of methamphetamine and their impact on Australian workplaces including workers, workplaces and occupations at risk of experiencing, harms and lost productivity.
- Methamphetamine Toolbox Talk: provides information about the effects of methamphetamine on workers’ physical and mental health wellbeing and workplace health and safety. Designed to encourage workers to discuss their methamphetamine use and what to do if they have concerns.
- Pharmaceutical Drugs Topic: looks at pharmaceutical (i.e., prescribed and over-the-counter) drugs, including the ones that are commonly used by workers.
- Alcohol and Drug Policies Topic: provides guidance on what a workplace alcohol and drug policy looks like and outlines the 4 stages of policy development.
- Having Helpful Conversations How-To-Guide: provides information on effective communication approaches and overcoming communication barriers.
- Workplace Alcohol and Drug Testing How-To-Guide: provides advice on alcohol and drug testing and how to implement a workplace testing program.
- 10 Principles for Responding to Intoxicated Workers Poster: provides strategies for talking to an intoxicated worker.
- Getting Help – Organisational Supports Poster: provides advice on to how seek help if you are concerned about your own or someone’s alcohol and drug use.